Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Manire Family Index

I got the new Family Tree Maker 2012 Software not long ago. It's very kewl stuff. I can tailor it the way I want to in so many ways and it allows me to link the research to my family tree on Ancestry.com. I can look at info on Ancestry.com thru the software when working on a certain person. You can even save the documents from Ancestry to your database in the software.

I've found so many mistakes in some of my older research databases. So I'm redoing a "Manire Notebook" database in my Family Tree Maker. In this notebook I'm adding anything to do with the Manire family. Even stuff I haven't been able to connect to our family tree yet. I'm going to go thru all my notes and all my printed stuff I have in boxes and adding it to the database. It's gonna go a bit slow. I started but realized I have some names missing or some dates missing that keep me from finding the right people in my database to add the notes too. There are too many of the same name in some instances.. It gets very confusing when trying to make sure you have the right person.

I ended up getting a special notebook... and  I made a page for each letter of the alphabet. I went thru several of my older databases and wrote down the first names and middle names of all my Manires. I added just their birth year for reference. It's my Manire Index Notebook. That way I can use the Index to help me put the names in my Database (I can connect the people to families later) and I can use it to reference if I found a new person or not when looking online.

I currently have about 605 people with the MANIRE last name in my database.... The total people in my database currently is 1,089.

No comments:

Post a Comment