Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dynamite ... really?

Charles Edward Manire was born August 14, 1918 in Kentucky to Hanson Curtis Manire and Ivie Sarber Marque. His parents split up (if they were even married). His Father married Nola Wilson and they had 4 more children. His Mother married a Clarence Sharter.

Charles married Texie Mae Thompson. They had atleast 2 daughters, Maragretta Ann Manire and Wanda Jean Manire.

For whatever reason, about 8 years after his daughter Wanda was born, Charles decided he had an issue with his Mother and Stepfather.








(I will have to look thru some of my old documents I have on discs.. I could have swore I had another article describing that the dynamite was put under the bed.. but I could be wrong. I will have to go digging)

He was in the Kentucky State Penitentary in Eddysville, Lyons County, Kentucky when he died of a possible Coronary Occulsion April 12, 1950. He was 31 years old. His occupation had been a tool grinder and he was divorced at the time. (have a scanned copy of his Death Certificate)

His body was removed to be buried in the Haley's Mill Cemetery in Christian County, Kentucky where he use to live.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to find out more about this man as he is my maternal grandfather. Any ideas where I could find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So which daughter was your Mother? I have some info on his family... I've researched the Manire family for a long time. I'm not sure what info you want... Email me at Myrootcellar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete